Cookies are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors or users.
It is nothing more than a text file that some servers install during navigation and that allow to know information such as: the place from which to access, the connection time, the device from which it accesses (fixed or mobile), the system operating and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and data regarding user behavior on the Internet.
They do not provide references that allow us to deduce the user’s first and last name and can not read data from your hard drive or include viruses on your computers.
Also, we can not read the cookies implanted on the user’s hard drive from other servers.
Why they are important?
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent its correct functioning.
- From a technical point of view, cookies allow websites to work more agile and adapted to the preferences of users, such as storing the language, the currency of the country or detecting the access device.
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyberattacks against the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to know statistical data collected to improve the quality and experience of their services.
- They serve to optimize the advertising we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
Authorization for the use of cookies
The user can configure his browser to reject all cookies by default or to receive a warning on the screen of the reception of each cookie and decide on its installation or not on his hard drive.
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The Owner recommends its users to consult the help of their browser or access the help web pages of the main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome.
If you want more information about how to revoke the consent given or about the procedure to disable cookies, as well as ask any questions about the Cookies Policy, you can contact the owner through the following email address email@example.com indicating “Cookies Policy” in the subject.
Types of Cookies used on the Web
The user who browses the Web can find cookies inserted directly by the owner, or else inserted cookies by entities other than the owner, as detailed in the following sections:
- Session cookies expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and are therefore deleted from our computer upon leaving it.
- Permanent cookies, expire when the purpose for which they serve is met or when they are manually deleted, have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, personalizations or in the registry, so that you do not have to enter a password constantly.
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish between our own and third party cookies.
- Own cookies are those cookies that are sent to the user’s computer and are managed exclusively by us for the best functioning of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- Third-party cookies, when the user interacts with the content of our website, third-party cookies can also be set (for example, by clicking on social media buttons or viewing videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a different domain of our Website. We can not access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the aforementioned websites.
Navigating through this web portal means that the following types of Cookies can be installed:
- Performance: These cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and optimize the functioning of our websites. They store service configurations so you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit us. Examples of use: i) volume adjustments of video or sound players, ii) optimal video transmission speeds, iii) store the purchase made in a cart of the purchase in the e-commerce services.
- Geolocation: These cookies are used to store geolocation data of the computer or devices to offer you more appropriate content and services. Examples of use: i) content adjusted to the country, city, language, etc.
- Registration: Registration cookies are created when you register or when you start a session on one of our Web portals. Examples of use: i) you can remain authenticated even if you close the browser, so when you return you will continue to be identified unless you log out or close the session, ii) to access certain areas of our web portals, for example to participate in a contest.
- Analytics: These cookies collect information from your browsing experience on our web portals in a completely anonymous manner. Examples of use: i) we can count the number of visitors to the page or the most viewed content, ii) we can know if the user that is accessing is new or repeat visit, iii) this information can help us improve navigation and give you a Best service..
- Advertising: These cookies collect information about the advertisements shown to each anonymous user in the Web portals. Examples of use: i) adapt advertising to the type of device from which the user is connecting, ii) Provide ads managed through third parties (“Ad-servers”) that are displayed on the page in real time.